Pre-Tournament week objectives
- Get used to the tournament environment: facilities, weather, and staff.
- Work on tactical and mental aspects to strengthen your game.
- Gain confidence.
More Advantages of the program
- We offer a safe, secure, and peaceful setting. The Academy is located within a gated facility.
- A team of supervisors cares for our students: The supervisors live on campus and are responsible for our players’ safety and welfare.
- The Academy offers Accommodation adapted to the needs of each player: players can live in one of our on-campus apartments with 2 to 3 players per room. Each apartment is supervised by a coach who resides in a separate room.
- Health insurance and physiotherapy services: It is a requirement that all students upon registration to any of our programs provide proof of a valid health insurance plan for the period of enrollment. In the absence of coverage, the Academy can provide daily, weekly and annual insurance plans through United Health Care. Our Physiotherapy Department is also available during your stay.
- Private classes: tennis, physical and mental
- We offer airport transfer services and UM services, for pricing please inquire Admissions Department.
- Laundry (included in the boarding programs), banking services, and pro-shop.
- And the opportunity to train on court with Emilio Sánchez Vicario (Naples) and Sergio Casal (Barcelona).
What will I do
- Specific exercises aimed at improving your competition skills.
- High intensity training.
- Play points to work on your strong skills, observe the opponent’s weaknesses and learn to take advantage of them.
- Practice the beginning of a point with serves and returns.
- Get used to the tournament’s court surface.
ASC 360 Performance System ©
- ASC 360 Performance System© is world renowned. Designed by Emilio Sánchez Vicario and Sergio Casal; it is TECHNICAL, TACTICAL, PHYSICAL AND MENTAL training.
- Each of these four pillars is developed intensively, and each is tailored to the player’s level of development, which depends on age, physical condition and tennis ability. The stages are reflected in the ASC Development Pyramid©, and range from initiation to elite.
- ASC Athlete Body Pillar: an on-court and off-court physical coaching system, with the performance trainers and tennis coaches working together.
- ASC Athlete Mind Pillar: an on-court and off-court mental coaching system, with the sports psychologists and tennis coaches working together.
Players can boost their tennis level even further with the Push Program.
The Push program includes:
- Private tennis training: replace 5 hours of group tennis lessons with 5 hours of private lessons. This allows student-athletes to work intensively on the technical and tactical sides of the game.
- Physical training: add 1 extra hour per week (4 players per group)
- Mental Training: add 1 extra hour per week (4 players per group)
- Students can choose their preferred foreign language: Spanish or English. These classes are offered by native teachers at ES International School, a private American school located on campus, and which is fully accredited by official bodies both the US and Spain.
- Elementary to advanced levels of classes are offered.
- Class groups organized by level and age.
What will you learn?
The developmental pyramid of the Academia Sánchez-Casal Players
Based on the ASC Training System© used in our Academies, Emilio Sánchez Vicario has created a pyramid to describe the evolution of players as they progress in their athletic development, by age and level of play.
Each stage of this evolution has its own general and specific objectives for each pillar of training (technical, tactical, physical and mental).
Click on the links below for further information about each stage of the pyramid.