The Sports program
- Our sports program is unique, offering the student-athlete a complete physical, social and emotional education.
- In the earlies primary grades, we are concerned with the individual’s well-being through the promotion and development of concepts, knowledge, attitudes and skills that contribute to achieve an active, and healthy lifestyle. Our student-athletes develop their abilities through sports and games.
- Tennis training is always the principal sport for our student-athletes in the Tennis Top 6/11 Program and training increases in intensity as the child progresses. Gradually, the group physical education classes decrease in quantity in order to allow the tennis training to dominate the athlete’s training hours.
- The program in 1st grade includes 4 hours of Personal, Social and Physical Education (PSPE) plus 5 hours of tennis training. Three of the 5 hours of tennis training take place after school. When children arrive in 5th grade, the program includes 2 hours of Personal, Social and Physical Education (PSPE) plus 13.5 hours of tennis. Seven and a half of this 13.5 hours of tennis training take place after school.
ES International School
- Located inside the ASC sports campus, ES International School allows student-athletes to continue their academic studies while training at a high performance level.
- The American School System, in English, is adapted to the needs of each student.
- The school offers 1st through 12th grades (ages 6 to 18 years old). All classes (apart from the Spanish and Catalan languages classes) are conducted in English.
- Fully accredited by the Middle States Association (MSA), a regional accrediting association in the United States, and the National Independent Private Schools Association (NIPSA), with headquarters in Miami, Florida, United States. The school is also recognized in Spain as a Centro Extranjero (foreign school), offering the American system of education, by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the Spanish Ministry of Education.
- Each student is assigned an Academic Advisor, who is responsible for overseeing the student's development, welfare and progress. Academic advisors also coordinate with each student’s athletic tutor to allign the academic and athletic needs of every student.
Boarding or non boarding
- Students enrolled in the U12 Tennis + School Program cannot live on campus due to their age, but accommodation can be available in selected host families who work with the Academy. All families are within 15 km of the Academy.
- All families are within 15 km of the Academy.
- Daily transportation from home to the Academy is provided with the Academy's own transportation service and is included in the program.
ASC 360 Tennis System
- The ASC Training System© is unique in the world. Designed by Emilio Sánchez Vicario and Sergio Casal, it is based on four core pillars: technical, tactical, physical and mental.
- Each of these four pillars is developed intensively, and each is tailored to the player’s stage, which depends on age, physical condition and tennis level. The stages are reflected in the ASC Development Pyramid©, and range from the initiation stage to the elite stage.
- In the area of sports science, the program includes all services on site that the player may need, such as physical training, nutrition, sports psychology, and physiotherapy.
What will you learn?
The developmental pyramid of the Academia Sánchez-Casal Players
Based on the ASC Training System© used in our Academies, Emilio Sánchez Vicario has created a pyramid to describe the evolution of players as they progress for their athletic development, by age and level of play.
Each stage of this evolution has its own general and specific objectives for each pillar of training (technical, tactical, physical and mental).
Click on the links below for further information about each stage of the pyramid.